Home / Getting Connected with Live Oak Friends Meeting
Getting Connected with Live Oak Friends Meeting
Did you have a question about getting connected to Live Oak Friends Meeting?
- Meeting for Worship: Sunday 8:30 am & 10:30 am* (*childcare provided); Wednesday 7:00-8:00 pm discussion, 8:00-8:45 pm meeting for worship
- Adult First Day School: 9:35 am-10:20 am most Sundays (First Day)
- Potluck: Second Sundays following 10:30 am Meeting for Worship
- Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business: Third Sundays following 10:30 am Meeting for Worship
- Meeting for Worship with Attention to Healing: Third Saturdays, 10 am-11 am in the Little House
- Folksinging: Last Sunday of most months following Meeting for Worship.
- Writers Group: Monthly on Thursdays. Contact Ann Sieber firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nametag: to get a nametag sign pad by nametag boxes (next to main entrance)
- E-news (weekly e-mail with calendar of events): to get on mailing list, listkeeper@friendshouston..org.
- E-news submissions: to submit an item to the enews, send it to email@example.com.
- Website: www.friendshouston.org. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a login account or for help with website.
- Parenting Potluck: usually 3rd Saturday of the month, 6 pm in the Little House. All welcome.
- Directory: to be included, email email@example.com
- Handbook of LOFM practices (requires login): www.friendshouston.org/members/lofm-handbook
- South Central Yearly Meeting (SCYM): Annual retreat of regional seven-state area of Quakers. Each year on Easter weekend
- Bayou Quarterly Meeting (BQM): A quarterly of South Central Yearly Meeting comprised of Friends from Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Lafayette, New Orleans,) and Southeast Texas (Galveston, Houston, Bryan-College Station).
- Library: Books on Quakerism may be checked out from the library located in the Little House, or the book cart in the entry room.
- Other & sundry: Workdays, annual retreat, field trips, Friendly Eights dinner club. Info available in announcements after meeting & e-news.