Home / Meeting House Rental for Private Events
Meeting House Rental for Private Events
The Live Oak Friends Meeting House is available for weddings and events almost every day of the year. Since opening in 2001, the Meeting House has been the choice of couples looking for an intimate yet elegantly simple setting for their special day.
Couples from all faith backgrounds bring their own faith and spirituality into the simplicity and beauty of the Meeting House. Light from the Skyspace, designed by artist James Turrell, accentuates the unique setting, especially during sunrise and sunset.
Weddings are often timed to begin and end during the dramatic 40-minute sunset light change as viewed through the open Skyspace, and a few couples have chosen to be married during sunrise.
As you plan your special day, we invite you to experience the beauty and simplicity of the Meeting House for yourself. The Meeting House and Skyspace are open to the public for sunset viewing every Friday from 30 minutes before sunset until dark.
Please bear in mind the following guidelines for events at the Meeting House:
- The maximum seating capacity of the Meeting House is 120 people.
- Our current wedding fee for three hours is $600, which includes the use of the Meeting House and the "Little House" adjacent to the Meeting House for changing clothes.
- While the Meeting House is not equipped for catered wedding receptions, arrangements for a small reception in the front and rear rooms or a seated dinner under the wide covered porches is possible.
- Use of the building and grounds after the first three hours may be arranged for an additional fee.
- Couples often take advantage of the beautiful grounds for picture taking either before or after the wedding.
- The Skyspace must remain closed if there is a possibility of rain.